   With the debug options on, the debugger started, and no breakpoints set
   the debugger will actually break in on the line in error during runtime.
   HTH

   RPower@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

 Another thing you can do is compile with Debugging Views set to *SOURCE.
 DBGVIEW(*SOURCE).  Then run the program again and you should get the line
 number of the SOURCE that is causing the issue.

 Ron Power
 Programmer
 Information Services
 City Of St. John's, NL
 P.O. Box 908
 St. John's, NL
 A1C 5M2
 Tel: 709-576-8132
 Email: rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
 Website: http://www.stjohns.ca/
 Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
 Sir Winston Churchill

 "Muralidhar Narayana" <Muralidhar_Narayana@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 01/02/2005 03:50 PM
 Please respond to

 <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 cc

 Subject
 RPG error

 I got the below error
 Function check. MCH1210 unmonitored by YIPXS2R at statement 0000000669,
    instruction X'0000'.
  The target for a numeric operation is too small to hold the result (C G D

    F).
  The target for a numeric operation is too small to hold the result (C G D

    F).

    YIPXS2R is an SQLRPGLE  program having 428 lines.
 I compiled the program to find out exact statement which is the cause for
 above error.
 >From the below statements I can see 669 statement, but its nt doing any
 calculations to suspect the statement 669. How can I find out exact
 statetment  which is the cause for above error.
 661 C                   PARM                    SQL_00088
 662 C     SQL_00091     IFEQ      '1'
 663 C                   EVAL      XXMONTH = SQL_00098
 664 C                   END
 665
 666  *---------------------------------------------
 667  * If first entry is equal to cur month, leave
 668  *---------------------------------------------
 669 C                   IF        XXYear  = XYearCur  and
 670 C                             XXMonth = XMonthCur
 671 C                   LEAVE
 672 C                   ENDIF

 2nd level help text says below:
 Message . . . . : The target for a numeric operation is too small to hold

 the result (C G D F).

 Cause . . . . . : RPG procedure YIPXS2R in program YTRPROD/YIPXS2R at

 statement 669 performed an arithmetic operation which resulted in a value

 that is too large to fit in the target. If this is a numeric expression,

 the overflow could be the result of the calculation of some intermediate

 result.

   --

   Weyco Group -

       Florsheim, Brass Boot, Nunn Bush, Stacy Adams
   Duane Kehoe                       Phone # 414.908.1814
   EC / Programmer / Analyst           Fax # 414.908.1610
                             Email: dkehoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx