First off, on the SBMJOB command there is a parameter, Routing Data or
RTGDTA.  Default is QCMDB.  Change that to use some special value, or
change it to use *JOBD and do a CHGJOBD and store a special value in that
job descriptions routing data.  What value should you use?  Here's the 5
minute lecture on Work Management.

DSPSBSD QBATCH
7. Routing entries
Based on the special value you entered on the first part, it will pick a
routing entry.

Now let's look at a routing entry.  5=Display details
Notice this?
Class . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   QBATCH
  Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :     QGPL

Now, try the following:
CRTCLS CLS(ROB/JACKRABBIT) RUNPTY(20)
ADDRTGE SBSD(QBATCH) SEQNBR(6000) CMPVAL('QUICKIE') PGM(QCMD)
CLS(ROB/JACKRABBIT) POOLID(2)
CHGJOBD JOBD(MYLIB/MYJOBD) RTGDTA('QUICKIE')
Now when you do
SBMJOB CMD(...) JOBD(MYLIB/MYJOBD) RTGDTA(*JOBD)
It should run at priority 20.

You can tailor the CRTCLS to get the right time slice, etc.  That's a
topic best left to the midrange-l list.
Don't forget to get the right pool id.
DSPSBSD QBATCH
2. Pool definitions
Too many people THINK they have a nice pool for qbatch but have left all
their routing entries pointing to pool 1.  Which will beat he!! out of
*base and leave a lot of memory in qbatch unused.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

JMBauman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/01/2005 09:59 AM
Please respond to

rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Submitting jobs with a higher priority

I want to submit jobs to a job queue at a run priority of 20.  Any clue on
how to do this?  I am submitting job from an RPG program using QCMDEXEC.

Thanks
John M. Bauman
Project Manager - Lead Programmer/Analyst
Ward Trucking
Second Avenue & Seventh Street, Greenwood
Altoona, PA 16603

Direct Voice (814) 947-1284
Fax (814) 944-5470
www.wardtrucking.com