From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eduard Sluis
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 11:18 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Dateformat trouble with time.

Hmmm, I know I'm not a walking reference for some reasons. But in this
case it would have been better to have a look first in it...

Ok the thing that now works for me is:
DTODAY            S               D   DATFMT(*ISO)
 *
C                   TIME                    TODAY
C                   MOVE      TODAY         $H08N0
And than I can go on with my formatting routine to make the date
presentable.

Thanks again.
This is enough for today.....
I go to the beach!

Cheers,
Eduard.

"DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, that's right. *YMD is a six-digit date format identifier. If you
want an eight-digit format, you must use *ISO, *USA, *EUR, or *JIS. See
chapter
14 of the ILE RPG reference for details.

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company
MIS-Project Manager (BSG)
940-898-7863 or ext. 1863