I'm trying to copy an excel spreadsheet from the IFS to an externally
described file whose fields allow nulls using CPYFRMIMPF as follows:

CPYFRMIMPF FROMSTMF('/QDLS/BW/BW/XFER/EDIPACER.XLS')
TOFILE(WLIBWH/MATPICK) MBROPT(*REPLACE) RCDDLM(*CRLF)

I get the following error messages:

Message ID . . . . . . :   CPIA082       Severity . . . . . . . :   10
Message type . . . . . :   Information
Date sent  . . . . . . :   11/24/04      Time sent  . . . . . . : 12:10:48

Message . . . . :   End-of-file found before physical end of file.
Cause . . . . . :   An end-of-file character was found in the stream file
  before the end of the stream file was reached.
Recovery  . . . :   Check to ensure correct stream file code page is
  specified, then submit the command again.

Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF2973       Severity . . . . . . . :   10
Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic
Date sent  . . . . . . :   11/24/04      Time sent  . . . . . . : 12:10:48

Message . . . . :   Data from file QACP678463 in QRECOVERY truncated to 3

  characters.
Cause . . . . . :   The maximum record length for member QACP678463 in
  from-file QACP678463 in library QRECOVERY is longer than the maximum
record
  length for to-file MATPICK in library WLIBWH.
Technical description . . . . . . . . :   If the from-file is a tape file
with
  variable length records or if multiple record formats are copied from a

  logical file, only the records that are longer than 3 characters are
  truncated.  If the to-file has a *FCFC value on the CTLCHAR parameter
for
  the printer file, the record length includes one byte for a control
  character.  If the from-file and to-file are different file types (*SRC
or
  *DATA), this message is sent only if the data part of from-file records
is
  truncated in the to-file.  If FMTOPT(*NULLFLAGS) was specified then the

  maximum record length of the to-file is the sum of the to-file record
length
  and the number of null-capable fields in the to-file.

I'm only getting 1 record copied and only 3 characters in that record (the
length of the first field) and they're garbage.  Can someone please tell
me what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks,

Dave