From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Bartell, Aaron L.
(TC)
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 10:56 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Searching a user space

Just wanted to give an opinion on this thread. Being that you are search
a string that contains XML it would benefit you to use the tool that is
best suited for searching XML which would be an XML parser.

I went down the road of "searching" for things in a UserSpace, and
depending on how big of a string you are parsing (assuming big,
otherwise you wouldn't be using a UserSpace) you will be using precious
CPU cycles scanning for entities within a string that could have been
achieved better using a different tool.

You can find SAX parsers at http://mowyourlawn.com and
http://scottklement.com (in the HTTPAPI download)

HTH,