> Actually, doing it this way, would we even need to define QcmdLength?
> It isn't used for anything since we are passing %len( QcmdCmd )

You never needed to define QcmdLength.  IMHO, it's silly to define the
variables that someone is expected to pass to a prototype.  The point
behind using things like CONST is that someone can define ANY variable
they want, and the compiler will magically convert it for them.

> It never occurred to me to use *VARSIZE variables.  I am a big fan of
> varying strings, so I should have done this sooner.  As always, thanks
> for the tips!

There's no such thing as a *VARSIZE variable.  *VARSIZE means "don't
validity check the length of this parameter -- and if it's const, don't
make the temp variable any longer than the one I'm passing in."