Bob,

I'm converting a small company to RPG IV from RPGII S36E as we speak--it
feels like Y2K to me all over again. <g>

It is difficult and many of the tools out there are not very good for moving
RPGII/OCL to RPGIV/CL, but it can be done.
If you company does not need any new enhancements in its software (or
limited enhancements) then simply wanting to move to RPG IV probably is not
a compelling enough reason to do migrate.
If they do need enhancements, then, like all upgrades, you pay a little more
up front but make it up on the back end as you do cool new things that you
couldn't do before.

-Bob