Hello Terry,

I think somebody here already mentioned the STRPCO approach. That's one
option that doesn't cost anything.

If you're open to a commercial solution, you could use our iSeries Office
Integrator to open and auto-print the PDF documents through Acrobat by
calling a simple CL command.

If you have a printer that accepts raw PDF files, you could use our IFS
Tools product to spool the PDF file directly to the printer from any
output queue on the iSeries.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Your Complete iSeries and PC Solution Provider"
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 898-3038
Fax: (952) 898-1781
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT
--------------------------------------
message: 2
date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:48:18 -0700
from: "Terry Nonamaker" <TNonamaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Printing a pdf document from ile/cl

Thanks for the response, but I may have miss-stated my objective

The document I want to print has already been created as a pdf and put
into
the ifs. We already have a tool to put it there.

What I would like to do is re-print that pdf, possibly weeks later, but
get
my selection data from a program and then pass the proper info to print it
through acrobat or distiller. Or may there is a way to just point it to
the
printer it needs to go to, which would be an windows type printer.

Sorry if I confused the issue.

Terry Nonamaker