Below are actual zip codes in the input file.  Notice how the zip codes are
sorted in the input file.  All the zip codes listed are for the same city.
The 5th position contains the letters A-G.  The letters D and F are
missing.  The program should range/group these records as follows:

T4A1A1 - T4A1C9 (E was skipped because E does not come directly after C in
the alphabet)
T4A1E0 - T4A1E9
T4A1G0 - T4A1G9

Input File:
=================================
T4A1A1
T4A1A2
T4A1A3
T4A1A4
T4A1A5
T4A1A6
T4A1A7
T4A1A8
T4A1A9
T4A1B0
T4A1B1
T4A1B2
T4A1B3
T4A1B4
T4A1B5
T4A1B6
T4A1B7
T4A1B8
T4A1B9
T4A1C0
T4A1C1
T4A1C2
T4A1C3
T4A1C4
T4A1C5
T4A1C6
T4A1C7
T4A1C8
T4A1C9
T4A1E0
T4A1E1
T4A1E2
T4A1E3
T4A1E4
T4A1E5
T4A1E6
T4A1E7
T4A1E8
T4A1E9
T4A1G0
T4A1G1
T4A1G2
T4A1G3
T4A1G4
T4A1G5
T4A1G6
T4A1G7
T4A1G8
T4A1G9

"Gary Bowers" <gwbowers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>@midrange.com on 10/20/2004 09:15:51
AM

Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
       <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by:    rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx