I am missing the boat... Please help. I am trying to compile an rpg ile test
program, using crtbndrpg, which calls  a procedure.  The procedure is
compiled into a module, placed in a service program, which in turn is in a
binding directory.  The test program
Compile message:

                   E x t e r n a l   R e f e r e n c e s
   Statically bound procedures:
      Procedure                            References
      GetSocSec                                10      44
   Imported fields:
      Field             Attributes         Defined
      No references in the source.
   Exported fields:
      Field             Attributes         Defined
      No references in the source.

  Message Totals:

    Information  (00) . . . . . . . :        2

    Warning      (10) . . . . . . . :        0

    Error        (20) . . . . . . . :        0

    Severe Error (30+)  . . . . . . :        0

    ---------------------------------  -------

    Total . . . . . . . . . . . . . :        2

  Source Totals:

    Records . . . . . . . . . . . . :       46

    Specifications  . . . . . . . . :       25

    Data records  . . . . . . . . . :        0

    Comments  . . . . . . . . . . . :       18

         * * * * *   E N D   O F   F I N A L   S U M M A R Y   * * * * *

                 B i n d   D i a g n o s t i c   M e s s a g e s

Errors were found during the binding step. See the job log for more
information
 * * * * *   E N D   O F   B I N D   D I A G N O S T I C   M E S S A G E S

Job log...
 30   10/12/04  16:00:16.810368  QBNBIND      QSYS        *STMT    QBNBIND

   From module . . . . . . . . :   QBNBSYMR

   From procedure  . . . . . . :   QBNBSYMR__UnresolvedReferenceIterator

   Statement . . . . . . . . . :   31

   To module . . . . . . . . . :   QBNBSYMR

   To procedure  . . . . . . . :   QBNBSYMR__SignalUnresolvedReferences

   Statement . . . . . . . . . :   8

   Message . . . . :   Definition not found for symbol 'GetSocSec'.

   Cause . . . . . :   No definition was found for reference GetSocSec in
*MODU
     object WTESTPROC in library QTEMP. The definition either does not exist
or
     is not of the same data or procedure type as the reference. Recovery  .
.
     :   Try the Create Program (CRTPGM) command again, supplying an object
tha
     contains a definition for symbol GetSocSec.

This procedure receives an id number & sends back  soc sec....
I'm missing  d spec I think in the test call program....

Test Program...
D Spec...
 /Copy mwdgpl/qrpglesrc,protoid

Protoid...
        *************** Beginning of data
*************************************
0001.00 D GetSocSec       PR             9P 0 Extproc('GetSocSec')

0002.00 D InIDNo                         9P 0 Value

        ****************** End of data

c******************************************
C* Call the procedure
c******************************************
c     getit         begsr
 /Free
                    socsec=GetSocSec(id#);
 /End-Free
c                   endsr

...Where id# & socsec are defined as 9p 0

Procedure...
FMWDPUNIQ  IF   E           K DISK
D*
D GetSocSec       PR             9P 0
D InIDNo                         9P 0 Value
D* Status Data Structure
D STATUS         SDS           333
P**************************************************
P* Procedure -GetSocSec
P**************************************************
P GetSocSec       B                   Export
D* Procedure Interface...
D                 PI             9P 0
D InIDNo                         9P 0 Value
D* Local variables
D SocSec          S              9P 0
C* Housekeeping
C                   Clear                   SocSec
C* Retrieve Soc Sec from Unique File...
C     *in87         doueq     '0'
C     InIDNo        chain     jxrcd                              8887
C     *in87         ifeq      '1'
C                   call      'LOCKMSG'
C                   parm                    STATUS
C                   end
C                   end
C     *in88         ifeq      '0'
C                   z-add     jxssn         SocSec
C                   end
C*
C                   Return    SocSec
P GetSocSec       E

I am compiling with CRTBNDRPG command, DFTACTGRP *NO &
BNDDIR(IDDIR)...(Which contains my service program, which contains my
procedure module.)  Any suggestions?

Wendy Brenzel
Senior Programmer/Analyst
MIS Department