From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Tony Carolla
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 3:06 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: User Space size

I am having a problem with my recent use of a user space.

My module creates a user space in QTEMP, and gets a pointer to it
using the QUSCRTUS and QUSPTRUS, respectively.

I have an array defined, with 32000 elements, based on the pointer
that points to the user space.

I increment the array counter, and populate the array, and make use of
the data later in the program by doing %lookups, etc, all the while
tracking the number of elements in the array, to avoid accessing an
element I have not placed any data into.

It works beautifully, until I reach the extent of the user space.
POOF.  Is there a way to make a user space auto-extend?  I thought
they did that by themselves, but apparently not.  If I allocate a
ridiculous amount of storage when creating the user space, will it
dynamically grab the space, or grab it all at once?

--
"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."