I have. Won't compile. This is just a little source member I have for
testing snippets of code. I've tried the complete ds+subfield, just the ds
and just the subfield. None will compile.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

                      rob@xxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                  To:       RPG programming on
the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      rpg400-l-bounces@m        cc:

                      idrange.com               Subject:  Re: Looking Up a Data
Structure Array

                      10/04/2004 01:20

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      RPG programming on

                      the AS400 /

                      iSeries

Sounds doable.

Two items of concern here.
1)  Your 10 count do loop is going to run into a truncation error on the
10th element.  (1 character field).  Unlike previous versions of RPG I
wouldn't assume 0.
2)  Your first data structure subfield should not have a *next in it.

You've got your code this far now.  Why not test it?

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/04/2004 11:57 AM
Please respond to

cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: Looking Up a Data Structure Array

No,

More like this:

 ddsArray          DS             1    dim(10) qualified
 D dsChar                         1    overlay(dsArray:*next)
 DdsIdx1           s             10u 0
 DdsIdx2           s             10u 0

 D/copy *libl/qrpglesrc,cvtdatepr
  /free

    for dsIdx1 = 1 to 10;
      dsArray(dsIdx1).dsChar = %char(dsIdx1);
    endfor;

    dsIdx1 = 1;
    dsIdx2 = %lookup('4':dsArray.dsChar:1);
    dsply dsIdx2;
    return;

I'd like to find a matching entry in a DS Array subfield.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

                      rob@xxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                  To:       RPG programming
on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      rpg400-l-bounces@m        cc:
                      idrange.com               Subject:  Re: Looking Up a
Data Structure Array

                      10/04/2004 12:21
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      RPG programming on
                      the AS400 /
                      iSeries

You mean like this:
     D                 ds
     D MyArray                        4a   dim(20)
     D  Code1                         2a   overlay(MyArray)
     D  Code2                         2a   overlay(MyArray:*next)
     D CurrNbrElem     s              5i 0
     D Result          s              5i 0
      /free
       Code1(1)='AA';
       Code1(2)='BB';
       Code1(3)='CC';
       Code2(1)='ZZ';
       Code2(2)='YY';
       Code2(3)='XX';
       // At this time MyArray(1)='AAZZ', (2)='BBYY', (3)='CCXX'
       CurrNbrElem=3;
       result = %lookup('YY':Code2:1:CurrNbrElem);
       dsply result;  // was equal to 2
       *inlr=*on;
       return;
      /End-free

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/04/2004 08:54 AM
Please respond to

cc

Fax to

Subject
Looking Up a Data Structure Array

Is it possible to look up a data structure array subfield?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst