Has anyone run into problems using the "getenv" API to retrieve environment
variables when compiling for previous releases?

I have some code which uses getenv and which is compiled on V5R2M0 with
TGTRLS(V4R5M0).

It runs fine on V5R2M0 and above.

On V4R5M0 I get:

     Message ID . . . . . . :   MCH4437       Severity . . . . . . . :   40
     Message type . . . . . :   Escape
 Date sent  . . . . . . :   07/09/04      Time sent  . . . . . . :
10:15:31

 Message . . . . :   Program import not found.
 Cause . . . . . :   The calling program (program name) refers to a
procedure or
   data export from service program QP0ZCPA which does not exist. The
calling
   programs refers to export-ID X'00000031', the service program defines
only
   X'0000002F' exports.
 Recovery  . . . :   Recreate the calling program.
 Technical description . . . . . . . . :   The service program has been
changed
   in an incompatible manner since the time the calling program was created
and
   thus bound to the service program. Recreate the calling program.

It looks to me as if getenv was previously exported from QC2UTIL2 but is now
in QP0ZCPA and that consequently compiling for V5R4M0 won't work.

Anyone got any suggestions how I might retrieve an environment variable in a
way that can be compiled for V4R5M0 and above, with a single set of
executables?

Pete

Peter Clifford
ariadne software