On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:31:04 -0500, Joe Pluta
<joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > From: Tom Jedrzejewicz
> >
> > Have you tried this with different record lengths and different
> > numbers, sizes and types of columns?
>
> Tom, it's impossible for one person to identify every possible
> combination of test characteristics for benchmarking.  But the problem
> up until this point has been that you have to rely on my results.

I totally understand, but I was just asking if any attempt was made to
rule any of those out as variables affecting the results.

> But that's the beauty of the IAAI website.  Once I get this library
> posted (hopefully this weekend), you can feel free to download it, make
> your OWN versions of the tests, and then upload the results so we can
> share them.
>
> This way, if you feel a test is unfair, you can rectify the error!  And
> I don't have to spend 24/7/365 answering questions about how fair my
> test is <grin>.

I wasn't questioning the fairness, and I don't have an ax to grind.
Just applying a bit of the scientific method.

--
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx