You're defining a Data Structure, which by default is initialized to
blanks. Is this RPGIII?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

                      "Bob Cozzi"

                      <cozzi@xxxxxxxxx>         To:       "'RPG programming on
the AS400 / iSeries'" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                  cc:

                      rpg400-l-bounces@m        Subject:  RE: Data area - not
working
                      idrange.com

                      07/29/2004 01:56

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      RPG programming on

                      the AS400 /

                      iSeries

Also, you need to use the IN/OUT opcodes to read the data are into the
program.  Gosh I hate data areas!