If you want to know what an SQLCOD value means you can display them by
concatenating the last four digits of the SQLCOD value to 'SQL' and using the
DSPMSGD command to display the associated message.

For example, if SQLCOD = 0000030 the equivalent error message would be SQL0030.
 DSPMSGD SQL0030 MSGF(QSQLMSG) gives first level text of 'Number of host
variables less than result values.' with the option of viewing more information
about the error.  If SQLCOD > 10000 use 'SQ' instead of 'SQL' for the
concatenation.

This is how I do it in a program:

EvalR ChrErr# = Success + %Char(sqlCod);

Select;

   When sqlCod < 0;
      ChrErr# = %XLate('-' :'0' :ChrErr#);
      spmMsgID = 'SQL' + %subst(ChrErr# :4 :4);

   When sqlCod < 10000;
      spmMsgID = 'SQL' + %subst(ChrErr# :4 :4);

   Other;
      spmMsgID = 'SQ' + %subst(ChrErr# :3 :5);
EndSl;

Rick