From: "Beppe Costagliola" <beppecosta@xxxxxxxx>
To: "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How to scan an entire array all at once (Corrected source)
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 17:32:58 +0200

Currently we succesfully parse MQ messages with IBM XMLPR500 in this way.

first we get the lengh of the message:

MQGMO.GMOPT  = GMWT;   // MQGMO_WAIT
MQGMO.GMOPT += GMLK;   // MQGMO_LOCK
MQGMO.GMOPT += GMATM;  // MQGMO_ACCEPT_TRUNCATED_MSG
MQGMO.GMOPT += GMCONV; // MQGMO_CONVERT
MQGMO.GMOPT += GMBRWF; // MQGMO_BROWSE_FIRST
MQMD.MDMID   = MINONE; // MQMI_NONE
MQMD.MDCID   = CINONE; // MQCI_NONE
BUFLEN = 0;
BUFPTR = %alloc(1);
MQGET(HCONN: HQGET: MQMD: MQGMO: BUFLEN: BUFPTR:
      MSGLEN: CMPCOD: REASON);

then we get the message

BUFLEN = MSGLEN;
BUFPTR = %realloc(BUFPTR:BUFLEN);
MQGMO.GMOPT  = GMNWT;  // MQGMO_NO_WAIT
MQGMO.GMOPT += GMMUC;  // MQGMO_MSG_UNDER_CURSOR
MQGMO.GMOPT += GMCONV; // MQGMO_CONVERT
MQMD.MDMID   = MINONE; // MsgId selector
MQMD.MDCID   = CINONE; // CorrelId selector
MQMD.MDCSI   = 280;    // CCSID locale
MQGET(HCONN: HQGET: MQMD: MQGMO: BUFLEN: BUFPTR:
      MSGLEN: CMPCOD: REASON);

then we call a program that parses the message only to get the method

MQ_PARSE (BUFPTR:MSGLEN);

This program parses the document and finds the method to call (here we have
something like
<Process>XYZ</Process>  where XYZ is the program that actually parses the
specific message:

QxmlInit(envData);
DomParse =QxmlXercesDOMParser_new(PenvData);
MemBufInputSource = QxmlMemBufInputSource_new(
                    MSGPTR:MSGLEN:buf:280:0:0);
QxmlXercesDOMParser_parse_InputSource(DomParse:MemBufInputSource);
DomDoc = QxmlXercesDOMParser_getDocument(DomParse);
GetTagOpt = %alloc(256);
%str(GetTagOpt:256) = 'Process';
NodeList = QxmlDOMDocument_getElementsByTagName
              (DomDoc:GetTagOpt:Qxml_CHARSTR:0);
Node = QxmlDOMNodeList_item(NodeList:0);
if QxmlDOMNode_isNull(Node) = Qxml_NODNOTNUL;
  if QxmlDOMNode_getNodeType(Node) = Qxml_ELMNT_NOD;
    Child = QxmlDOMNode_getFirstChild(Node);
    if QxmlDOMNode_getNodeType(Child) = Qxml_TEXT_NOD;
      NodeValue =QxmlDOMNODE_getNodeValue(Child);
      QxmlTranscode(NodeValue:Qxml_UNICODE:oStgP:BpP:Bap:280);
      Method = %str(oStgP);
    endif;
  endif;
endif;

and then call a program (in this example XYZ) that actually retrieves the
elements from the parsed document:

call(e)   Method
parm                    DomDoc
parm                    MSGPTR