Hi folks,

I've been reading the DB2 UDB for iSeries SQL Programming with Host
Languages V5R1 and I am not finding what I'm looking for.  I want to do
something like this:

if (condition1)
eval  sqlstatement='<one sql statement>'
else
eval  sqlstatement='<an entirely different sql statement>'
endif

and then run the sql query using the string contained in sqlstatement.  I
looked at
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzajp/rzajpmst144.htm
which is close to what I want to do, but it uses a largely constant
statement (STMT) that allows an embedded variable (i.e. OPEN C1 USING
:EMPNUM).  I want to make the entire select statement variable, including
selection criteria (as in case 1 select by fields A and B and in case 2
select by fields C and D).  How do I do this?

James Rich

Zvpebfbsg vf abg gur nafjre.
Zvpebfbsg vf gur dhrfgvba.
AB (be Yvahk) vf gur nafjre.
        -- Gnxra sebz n .fvtangher sebz fbzrbar sebz gur HX, fbhepr haxabja