I think it is just common courtesy to others on the list that we perform some
minumum of research (i.e., searching the manuals, the midrange.com archives,
even the midrange.com FAQ) before asking something.  In your case, Rob, you
would have found your answer had you just checked the DDS Display manual,
under the COMP keyword.

So, I would beg to differ that you are "entitled to ask whatever I want to on
this mailing list as it pertains to the RPG language", although I would always
defer to David on this point.  Should we tolerate posts that ask, "what does
the Z-ADD op code do?"  I should hope not.  Otherwise, the list will become
inundated with topics that can easily and, likely, more quickly be found
elsewhere, and I fear that the net effect would be that the list would become
less useful.  BTW, you'll notice at the bottom of every post:

I think it's fair to say that you could carry that further to include reading
the manuals.  (Maybe that's assumed?)

Finally, I would offer the following link as an interesting read to everyone
who participates in a mailing list:

I found that link via the midrange.com FAQ #152
(http://faq.midrange.com/data/cache/152.html), although the link provided
there was broken, so I googled it, and found the new location, and then I
updated the FAQ.

Dan