Hi,

I do believe my margins are minimal and I have tried various offsets. My
overlay is defined within the actual DDS as opposed to being attached to the
PRTF.
The printer appears to randomly decide whether it likes the overlay or not.
For example I can print an overlay that will print right off the right hand
side of the page and down off the bottom. If I then change the same overlay
to narrow the box on the right hand side (so as I can get a normal four
sided rectangle; square in the centre of the page) it attempts to print it
and eventually after about 35/45 seconds it puts the spooled file back to
hold.

If I then narrow the same rectangle to 4 inches in width having not changed
its position it prints it no problem!!
So I would run with the suggestion of unprintable areas/margins only it
prints all the way to the edge and off the side of the right hand side of
the page and all the way to the bottom and off the bottom of the page.

I have looked at the IPDS settings on the printer and the
'OFF SET MARGINS' are 0,0. (this seems fine to me)
'REPORT MARGINS TO SYSTEM' is set to YES (but I am not sure what effect this
parameter has)
'ADD MARGINS' is set to NO.

With regards to 'Unprintable Areas' I have had no joy here too. I looked in
the HP4050 manual and it does not seem to mention any limitations here.

When I look for printing info on AS400 to HP4000; a lot of the hits I get
seem to relate to Host Print Transform. Our preference is to stick with the
*IPDS printer type though.

Any more suggestion will be gratefully received and thank you for ones
received already
Regards

Vivienne