From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Mlpolutta@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 11:04 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: I Give Up - CLP Question...

The issue is that you haven't built a "string" of your command to be
submitted.  Likely the command processor is only sending the lengths of the
actual values to the submitted job, rather than the total _possible_ length
of each variable.  I'd bet that if you put a single character (say, *) at
the end of the TEXT variable this would do exactly what you're expecting.

Michael