Here's what I use to extend my user spaces:

HTH,
Aaron Bartell

       // API Error DS
     D gAPIError       Ds                  Qualified
     D  bytesProvided                10I 0 Inz(%Size(gAPIError))
     D  bytesAvailable...
     D                               10I 0 Inz(0)
     D  msgID                         7A
     D  reserved                      1A
     D  data                        256A

------------------
      // @Name - UsrSpc_setExtendable
      // @Description - Change User Space to Extendable.
      // @Author - Aaron Bartell
      // @Usage - UsrSpc_changeAttributes(LibraryName: SpaceName: *On)

------------------
     P UsrSpc_setExtendable...
     P                 B                   Export
     D UsrSpc_setExtendable...
     D                 PI
     D  pLibName                     10A   Value
     D  pSpaceName                   10A   Value
     D  pExtend                        N   Value

      // Change User Space Attributes
     D qUsCUSAt        Pr                  ExtPgm('QUSCUSAT')
     D  lib                          10A
     D  qualifiedSpaceName...
     D                               20A
     D  attrList                           Like(changeAttrs)
     D  APIError                           LikeDS(gAPIError)

     D spacePtr        S               *
     D qualifiedSpaceName...
     D                 S             20A
     D returnLib       S             10A

     D* Structure to change the USRSPC attr to extendable
     D changeAttrs     DS
      * Description field-by-field
      *  Number_Attrs = Number of attributes (1)
      *  1-element array of attribute definitions as follows:
      *     Attr_Key1 = Identify attribute to change (3=Extendable attr.)
      *     Attr_Siz1 = Length of the attribute itself (1)
      *     Attr_Dta1 = New value for this attribute (1="yes")
     D   Number_Attrs                10I 0 Inz(1)
     D   Attr_Key1                   10I 0 Inz(3)
     D   Attr_Siz1                   10I 0 Inz(1)
     D   Attr_Dta1                    1    Inz('1')
      /Free

       Attr_Dta1 = pExtend;

       gAPIError = ' ';
       qualifiedSpaceName = pSpaceName + pLibName;
       qUsCUSAt(returnLib: qualifiedSpaceName: changeAttrs: gAPIError);

       Return;

      /End-Free
     P UsrSpc_setExtendable...
     P                 E