Comments below . . .

>Hi all.  We are using the API QtmmSendMail to send emails on two of our
>iSeries machines.  They are both on V5R2 and are up to date on PTF's.  We
>are having some problems (as we have been having since we started sending
>emails from the iSeries -- back on V4R4).  Emails get lost.  Emails do not
>get sent.  We check for errors when using the API and never get an error
in
>return.

When this happens, look in the IFS directory where you write the MIME file.
Is it still there?  If so, leave it there and wait.  I've seen it take a
few weeks and then all of a sudden it gets sent.  I'm looking into this
samething.  I don't know yet what's going on.  Happens rarely, and only on
a test box.  The next time it goes into limbo I'll probably call Support.

>We would like to use another SMTP server on the iSeries and continue to
use
>the QtmmSendMail API.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  I am not
sure
>if the API uses the QMSF processing or directly interacts with the SMTP
>server.  What I was thinking is to start a James server (only using the
SMTP
>server) and see if I could have the QtmmSendMail API interact with that
>server.

>Any ideas?

>Thanks

>Mike