From: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Date: 12/30/2003 1:16:43 PM
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: Initializing static variables

> From: Booth Martin
>
> Are we mixing definitions here?  I know of INZ, RESET, and CLEAR.
There
> is no REINZ  keyword or opcode is there?

RESET is the equivalent of reinitializing a variable.  I am asking for a
new keyword (I suggested *GLBREINZ, although perhaps *GLBRESET would be
a more consistent name) that would reinitialize a static variable
whenever the global initialization routine is called.  This would allow
me to reset all those variables by simply turning on *INLR.

Joe