> Peter wrote:
> I am just curious.  I looked in the OS400 Maximum Capacities Documentation
but I
> did not see anything related to this...

>From V4R4 RPG Reference (see table below):
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/html/as400/online/v4r4eng.htm

Steve Landess
Austin, Texas
(512) 423-0935

   |____________________________________
___________________________________|

|____________________________________|___________________________________|
   | AN/OR lines (positions 7 and 8 of  | Maximum of 7 per operation.

   | calculation specifications)        |

|____________________________________|___________________________________|

|____________________________________|___________________________________|
   | Array/table input record length    | Maximum length is 80.

   | for compile time                   |

|____________________________________|___________________________________|

|____________________________________|___________________________________|
   | Control fields (position 59 and 60 | Maximum length is 256.

   | of input specifications) length    |

|____________________________________|___________________________________|

|____________________________________|___________________________________|

|____________________________________|___________________________________|

|____________________________________|___________________________________|
   | Elements in an array/table         | Maximum of 9999 per array/table.

   | (positions 36 through 39 of        |

   | extension specifications)          |

|____________________________________|___________________________________|

|____________________________________|___________________________________|
   | Levels of nesting in structured    | Maximum of 100.

   | groups                             |

|____________________________________|___________________________________|

|____________________________________|___________________________________|

|____________________________________|___________________________________|

|____________________________________|___________________________________|

|____________________________________|___________________________________|
   | Primary file (P in position 16 of  | Maximum of 1 per program.

   | file description specifications)   |

|____________________________________|___________________________________|
   | Printer file (PRINTER in positions | Maximum of 8 per program.

   | 40 through 46 of file description  |

   | specifications)                    |

|____________________________________|___________________________________|

|____________________________________|___________________________________|

|____________________________________|___________________________________|
   | Record address file (R in position | Only 1 allowed per program.

   | 16 of file description             |

   | specifications)                    |

|____________________________________|___________________________________|
   | Record length for program          | Maximum length is 9999. (1)

   | described file (positions 24       |

   | through 27 of file description     |

   | specifications)                    |

   | Structured groups (see levels of   |

   | nesting)                           |

   | Subroutines                        | Maximum of 254 per program.

   | Tables (see arrays)                |