From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Steve Richter
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 9:01 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: what is a bound program access built in number

there are two situations where implementing a proc as a built in is
necessary:

Procs that call qcmdexc to do an override dont work because once the proc
returns, the override scope has ended.

messages sent by procs that wrap qmhsndpm dont reflect the actual proc that
is sending the message.

if procedures like _lbcpynv and ceedod can be implemented as built ins, why
cant user procedures have that same capability?

what is the point of the mi reference giving the built in number if the
programmer cant use that information?

-Steve