My God!!

I've NEVER written a matching records program from scratch until today
just to test one for Griz.

But I wrote one, built the files with sql, entered data and it compiled
correctly on the first try and got exactly the expected results.

Program:

     FGRIZ1     IP   E           K DISK    RENAME(GRIZ1:GRIZ1R)
     FGRIZ2     IS   E           K DISK    RENAME(GRIZ2:GRIZ2R)
     FQSYSPRT   O    F   80        PRINTER
     IGRIZ1R        01
     I                                          PARENT        L2M1
     IGRIZ2R        02
     I                                          PARENT        L2M1
     I                                          CHILD         L1

      // sample tables
      // GRIZ1
      // A
      // B
      // GRIZ2
      // B           X
      // B           Z
      // C           X
      // C           Y
     OQSYSPRT   D    01 MR
     O                       PARENT
     O                                              ' - Found parent &
child'
     O          D    01NMR
     O                       PARENT
     O                                              ' - Found parent, no
child'
     O          D    02 MR
     O                       PARENT
     O                                              ' '
     O                       CHILD
     O                                              ' - Found parent, and
child'
     O          D    02NMR
     O                       PARENT
     O                                              ' '
     O                       CHILD
     O                                              ' - Found child, no
parent'

Copy of output
*...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+..
A          - Found parent, no child
B          - Found parent & child
B          X          - Found parent, and child
B          Z          - Found parent, and child
C          X          - Found child, no parent
C          Y          - Found child, no parent

Quick - I need a drink!!!

The only reason I didn't actually do anything with the level breaks was
that I ran out of desire.

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin