This is my file:
FMPSSum    uf a e           k disk

These are my fields in the file:
Field Description           Fld Name    Type   Length Dec  Loc
Bookings Qtr 1              MPBQ1        P       13    2   291
Bookings Qtr 2              MPBQ2        P       13    2   298
Bookings Qtr 3              MPBQ3        P       13    2   305
Bookings Qtr 4              MPBQ4        P       13    2   312

This is my data definition for the array:
 *
 *  Bookings
D                 ds
D MPBQ1                   1     13  2
D MPBQ2                  14     26  2
D MPBQ3                  27     39  2
D MPBQ4                  40     52  2
D MPBQ                    1     52  2 dim(4)

This is the index:
D RunQtr          s              1s 0

In the GLOBAL FIELD REFERENCES part of the compilation:
MPBQ(4)           S(13,2)               118D   1245    1447M   1447
                                       1875    1888

So, at the time I read the file, the fields will be accessible throu the array I
have defined.  If you see, statement 1875 is identified as one line where this
array is in use.  I just have 14 errors, all of them are related to this same
case:

Message Totals:
  Information  (00) . . . . . . . :      709
  Warning      (10) . . . . . . . :        0
  Error        (20) . . . . . . . :       14
  Severe Error (30+)  . . . . . . :        0

Peter Vidal
Pall Aeropower Corp.
SR Programmer Analyst
WWW.Pall.com

"A good player makes himself look good; a great player makes the team look
good."
Author unknown