Joe,

I agree with your point about keeping flexible in the use of
one practice or another. The "all still Branch-On-Condition"
might use a little more clarification.

The "structured programming opcodes" are "shorthand" for
repetitive sets of insructions for a programmer's benefit.
In the end, it's all branching to RAM addresses and
registers too. And it's okay to prefer generally avoiding
certain techniques.

Usually I try to code in a way that allows me to jump right
back into the code two years later and zero in on just the
lines that need the change for enhancement. I can work just
about as easily with DOU as with DOW, as could most
programmers.

My general practice with this has settled into a use of DOW
sometimes, but more often DOU, as mentioned before. I
believe it's useful for ->maintenance<- reason to put the
most important loop-control condition at the DO, and then
LEAVE the loop where appropriate.

- Alan