John Brandt Sr. wrote:
I have written a utility to retrieve records from an SQL server.
I used User Space to store the data returned from the server.
The problem is that the user space is restricted to 16MB.
In order to break this limitation, I need to move to another storage method.
I am putting data directly off a socket in 32K chunks and accessing it by
address.
Any method besides the IFS would cause me to have to calculate the record I
want every I/O, although a Data Queue would work because I can use the 32K
chunks and just divide my offset by 32767 to get the record that I want. (I
will still have some overlap, but I can deal with that)

Any suggestions?

I've been reading some of the replies, but I'm still confused about one thing. It might be worthwhile to step back and consider: What is the purpose to these machinations? That is, why not just retrieve one record at a time from the SQL server instead of a big bunch of records?

Cheers! Hans