<to those I cc'd, please lemme know if I should not do this anymore, and
apologize in advance>

Ah...  Thanks for clearing /some/ of that up, Jon, on the technical side-a
the questions...!

C has prototyping?  Does the RPGLE compiler validate against the C
prototype???

| The real problem with this statement however is "there is no
| checking until
| run time".  Leave out the words "until run time" and the statement is
| accurate.  i.e. "there is no checking".  The reason that prototyping is
| valuable is _because_ there is no run time checking of parms.

That's in the C-world.  CPF checks number of parms, and programs that pass
wrong data types consistently error off.  They don't corrupt data, generally
speaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OTOH:

| Only nasty
| explosions if you are lucky, and corrupted data if you are not.

Is that why my posts are, apparently, being moderated by some group(s) of
people, besides David??  (I s'pose there's a very slim chance there's
actually a technical glitch why some-a my posts show up hours or days later,
and others disappear into the ether(-Net...;-)?  I actually APPRECIATE the
moderation, as some-a my posts went too "deep".  But I don't appreciate not
knowing WHO is doing this, nor is there ANY communication as to what is
wrong with a given post.

I think it relates, very directly, to this post from Joe last Friday:

But it goes a little deeper than that.

Hans and the rest of the RPG Team are allowed to actively work on putting an
entire class of "dinosaurs" out of a job.  Han's has stated, many times in
many ways, that that's his goal.  And why??

Ignorance (to be arrogant I s'pose).  I make allowance for being ignorant,
because I am.. frequently.

<snip>

I don't appreciate being put into forced early-retirement by a
compiler-writer, just because I prefer RPG over C or Java.  In addition, it
makes no sense in the marketspace.  If there's a market for dinosaurs who
know RPGIII, RPGIV and /some or a LOT/ of ILE, then why is there a need for
ToroLabs to FORCE people to code C-style?

I appreciate that it's supposedly in the name of "progress", and is intended
to be for the greater "good" for RPG, but it excludes all but the (relative)
few that prefer C-style over RPG-style.