In this example, you don't need a PI. You are just PRototyping the call to
QCMDEXC. But, if you wish to write a wrapper to QCMDEXC,  you would need a
PI.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

|         |           Dave Boettcher    |
|         |           <DBoettch@xxxxxxxx|
|         |           ha.wi.us>         |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           rpg400-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com       |
|         |           10/27/2003 11:42  |
|         |           AM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           RPG programming on|
|         |           the AS400 /       |
|         |           iSeries           |

<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                           |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  RE: Starting out with sub-procedures

Buck,

I am confused, I should say more confused than normal.  Looking back at the
last time I used QCMDEXEC, I cannot find that I used the PI specs.  Why are
they needed?
Here is what I used:
 D Cmd             PR                  ExtPgm('QCMDEXC')
 D  command                     200A   const
 D  length                       15P 5 const
and then
c                   callp     Cmd('DLTOVR FILE(qsqlsrc) LVL(*JOB)':200)

Is the CALLP the difference?

Dave Boettcher