I've still got a couple of those on my machine. <yech!> And
yes, it's an order entry program. It is a "thorn in my
side", but oh so un-tangle-able.

It's a big thing to me to be able to "hide" your variables
inside a procedure. Function-like procedure calls returning
values into expressions for me is *big*, because it can make
those expressions so so much more intuitive.

Also: If procedures can give you everything a subroutine
can, just get them started using the procedure inside the
one program. I hope they aren't creating entire programs
still just to handle normal date routines, for example. They
may be using a subroutine. If they just get started using
them, then some of them will very soon think of something
they can just do better that way.

Man, I haven't formalized out what it is. It's so so
intuitively obvious to me it's hard to understand how
programmers haven't absolutely jumped into it. Sure, I was
cautious at first, you have to be with new things, but if
I'd have had others around to tell me, yeah, go ahead, the
water's not very deep out to there, man..

- Alan