Dear Tom daly,

I ve problem with following section of co= de....My main aim is to
   remove hard coded messages completely  from th= e program...Iam nt sure
   how to do removal of hard coded msg's  for the= following section of
   code...As suggested by you I cud do for rest of the t= hings...please
   suggest me !

=============   =========================   =========================
========================<BR   >
    C*JWD*****

    C      &nb= sp; OFCAC      IFEQ  '03341600'

    C=                     MOVE&= nbsp; '  41600'OFCAC

    C      &nbsp= ;             MOVE  'G'    &n= bsp; FIRM

    C            &= nbsp;       MOVE  ' '      CFIRM
   =
    C                &= nbsp;   SETON                &= nbsp;   99

    C          &n= bsp;         END

==========   =========================   =========================
=========================   ===        This section comes only once in the pr=
ogram?what do u
   advise how can i automate this into the suggested  one= by you ?

I ve created WALKXR file as

      &nb= sp;                  A  &= nbsp;       R  XWALKR

       =                 A    &nb= sp;     K  FIRM

          &n= bsp;             A       =   K  ACCNT1

          &nb= sp;             A        =   K  ACCNT2

updated the file with whatever hard coded msg's= i need... for ur
   reference iam just attaching the program

===   =========================   =========================
===================

   =

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 Tom Daly wrote :

>Perhaps= a file would help.

>A        &nbsp= ; R XWALKR

>A*

>A          &nbsp= ; FIRM          1A

>A    &nbsp= ;       ACCNT1        8A

>A&nb= sp;           ACCNT2        8= A

>This:

>  |  C* These a= re omnibus accounts

>  |  C        &= nbsp; OFCAC    IFEQ '03309123'

>  |  C =                   MOVE '&nbs= p; 09123'OFCAC

>  |  C        &nbsp= ;           SETON        &nbs= p;           99

>  |  C  =                   END

&= gt;

>Becomes:

>C    Key  &nbsp= ;       KLIST

>C         =         KFLD           =         KeyFIRM

>C       =           KFLD         =           KeyACCOUNT

>C =                 EVAL   =   KeyFIRM = *BLANKS

>C          &= nbsp;       EVAL      KeyACCOUNT = OFCAC<B= R>
   Key          CHAIN =   XWALKR                &nbs= p;           99

>C      &= nbsp;           EVAL      OFCAC = = ACCNT2

>And this

>  |&nbsp= ; C* GSI clients

>  |  C        &nbs= p; FIRM      IFEQ 'B'

>  |  C  &nbs= p;       OFCAC    ANDEQ'50500003'

>&nbs= p; |  C                  =   MOVE ' 0166607'OFCAC

>  |  C     =               SETON    &nbsp= ;               99

>  |&n= bsp; C                   = END

>Becomes:

>C    &nb= sp;             EVAL      Key= FIRM = 'B'

>C              &n= bsp;   EVAL      KeyACCOUNT = OFCAC

>C&nbsp= ;   Key          CHAIN    XWALKR=                     &nbsp= ;
         99

>C          &n= bsp;       EVAL      OFCAC = ACCNT2

= >

>The crosswalk file contains these records:

= >

>FIRM  ACCNT1        AC= CNT2

&= gt;' '    '03309123'    '  09123'

   =