Hi Murali!

-snip CPF/RPG messages-

> hi all ,above are few errors and options you
> can take like C,D,I  etc,i want to know all
> such errors list?

The list of messages changes (grows) with each release of OS/400.  You can
look at the message files to find the text of the messages (try WRKMSGF) but
that might not be very helpful.  Do keep in mind that we can create our own
message files and our own messages; not just IBM.

> and what are remedial actions (like C,G,I,9999 etc ,
> explaining me  in what situation i ve to take
> C/G/I etc)I can take to nullify such erros in production
> support.

Nobody can tell you the answer to this question because it depends entirely
on the job, the error and the database; all of these are unique to you.  The
only thing we can tell you is to put the cursor on the message and press F1
to see the extended help.  Read it carefully before answering the message,
because the text of the message explains what each choice means.

One bit of advice I can give you is that when you post error messages to a
mailing list or web forum, be sure to post the message ID:  like RPG9036.
Also post what happened to cause the message (in this case, it would be a
WRITE.)  That way other people can look up the message (in their message
file) and give you better advice.  Speaking of which, if this advice didn't
help, try the MIDRANGE-L list.  Any program can produce error messages, not
just RPG, so there may be some other advice people there can give to you.
  --buck