> From: Carlos Kozuszko
>
> Is the JLPEX editor an WDSC dependant product ? If so,
> would you recommend it over CODE400 ? BTW, i have
> never used code400 either. I just would like hear you
> comments of which is the best editor to get rid of
> SEU.

The jLpex editors are part of the iSeries extensions to the WDSC
product.

The jLpex editors have many nice features, but are neither as fast nor
as stable as the CODE/400 editors.  However, they have one simple,
unbeatable feature: they are the only ones IBM is going to support.  As
soon as IBM decides that the jLpex editors have "enough" functionality,
the CODE line will be sunsetted.

Those who use CODE regularly today really like the editor's robustness
and capabilities and rarely have anything nice to say about the slower,
somewhat less polished jLpex software.  I have never used CODE that
much, so I'm perfectly fine with jLpex.  (Although I find it hard to
understand any editor that actually "stutters" as I hold the down
arrow.)

In any event, while CODE might be better in the short term, the long
term outlook is to use the jLpex editor in WDSC.  Not only that, you'll
become familiar with the other editors, which you will eventually use if
you plan to do any web development.

<completely unabashed self-promotion>
And if you're unfamiliar with IDEs, since WDSC is based on the Eclipse
editor, you would do well to take a look at my just-published book,
Eclipse: Step by Step.  The book is a very fast, easy to use hands-on
tutorial for using Eclipse.  While the book focuses on the base Eclipse
functionality, which is for the Java language, the knowledge you gain
will benefit you as you learn WDSC.

And as a side benefit, you'll write a complete, working Java application
from the ground up!  The book assumes no IDE or Java knowledge, and
shows you every keystroke and menu option you'll need to become
productive with Eclipse in an extremely short time.

http://www.mc-store.com/5059.html
http://store.midrange.com/
</completely unabashed self-promotion>

Joe