That is the safe way.  Because in a simple program without subprocedures
if you checked %parms and tried to initialize a variable not passed it
would blow chunks on you.  However, in your subprocedure instead of using
the local variable it uses the global variable.  Scary.

Better to stick with the logic:
if %parms>x;
 WorkVar=ParmVar;  // Use the passed parm if it was sent
Else;
  clear WorkVar;
EndIf;

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

Joel Cochran <jrc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/08/2003 08:03 AM
Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries