      C                     CLEARPDUPC#                 000726
      C                     MOVE SDITM     KITM                 980716
      C                     MOVE 'U#'      KXRT  980716
      C                     MOVE *BLANK    KAN8                 980716
      C                     K4104     CHAINF4104LA              50  980716

      C                     *IN50     IFEQ *OFF                 980716

                Code Etc.

      C           *LIKE     DEFN IVAN8     KAN8                 980720

KAN8 is 8S 0 from *LIKE DEFN this is another example in bridge of code
using move to change value from blanks to zeros or alpha value to numeric
value. These plus more came up when converting this piece to RPG IV. When
it was converted EVAL's came up with mis-matched fields message.

Also in Bridge of Sales Orders from JDE to PKMS

Seems like it should have been Z-ADD *ZEROS KAN8 or CLEAR KAN8

I was not trying to say JDE or PKMS was crap code or Packages were the
problem. Just asking questions why it was done this way.

Thanks

Bill H

rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/28/2003 10:10 AM
Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries