Hans Boldt wrote:

Jon Paris wrote:

>> The explanation given is that free-form is too hard to parse.

Where did you get this "explanation" Joe? The fact that the syntax checker
wasn't working was quite a surprise to me - perhaps because I tend to verify
so frequently I just hadn't noticed. It strikes me as a (hopefully)
temporary aberration caused by a resource shortage. Much like the horrible
state of the V5R2 RPG documentation in CODE (haven't checked in jLPEX) which
omits a whole bunch of stuff like %KDS and has a number of simple errors
like the bits on using a DS as a result field.

Jon: Where did Joe get that? Probably from one of my postings on MCPressOnline. The URL is:

http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?128%40%40.6ae739e2%21SearchMark=1%231

(MCPressOnline's URL's are a bit of a pain since they don't properly encode the query string. urllib.quote() comes in handy in situations like this.)

Yes, their URL's truly are a pain. Let's see if this one works any better:

http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?128%40251.KZHEbphVaEu.26559%40.6ae739e2

If not, just go to

http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc/viewall%40%40

and look for the thread called "Syntax checking of free-form RPG?" under the category "RPG".

Cheers! Hans