Thanks tuohy..You enlightened me :~)

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Tuohy [mailto:tuohyp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 1:17 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: INZ the Date Variable

Hi Murugesh

The rule is that all date literals must be in the format specified on the H
spec - NOT in the format of the date field against which they are being
used.

So, no matter where you use a date literal in your program, it must be in
the format specified on the H spec (which defaults to *ISO, if you don't
specify it).

HTH

Paul Tuohy