Sharon, it is unlikely you will come across anyone who actually LIKES RLU.
For a variety of reasons, it is not widely used.  Most prefer to:

- code printer file DDS using SEU, or
- design a rough layout using SDA, then manipulate the DDS with SEU, or
- use an alternative tool, (there are many available - including the
superior CODE Designer).

Having taught students how to use the RLU over several years, I have
actually come to like it.  It does what it claims in a simple manner.  I
find the keyword prompting particularly helpful.

I would be the first to admit it is not the easiest tool to use - probably
because it built upon SEU rather than taking an SDA-style approach to
report design.  If you are only doing the occasional piece of report
design, I would suggest you stick with SEU/CODE Editor.  If you find you
will be designing a significant number of new report layouts you will find
RLU (or better, CODE Designer) a productivity benefit  - worth the extra
learning investment.

The RLU Reference Manual, (see the IBM Information Centre) contains a
number of worked examples, and is probably the best (only?) learning
resource for the utility - apart from going on a course .... :-)

Brian Parkins, iSeries Instructor, IBM Technical Education Services
Email: parkib@xxxxxxxxxx