Joe, I am aghast, truly aghast.  "Luckily, Booth, there isn't a person today
working
on the iSeries who would agree with you."  Apparently Hans agrees with me?
I'm betting there may be one or two more souls out there too.    :)

Workstation support has been available from Day One.  Of course it was to a
printer, not to a CRT      But that was how we did interactive.  And so far
as CALL is concerned:  what is so special about that?  CALL was wonderful,
yes, but hardly a definitive break for Report Program Generating.

If you can accept the idea that display screens are nothing more than
another media for printing reports then perhaps you'd be more understanding
of the idea of RPG?

As to your demand that the head of the RPG Compiler team step down???  Maybe
 just maybe Joe, you are a tad out of line?  His bosses know what he's doing

So far as as advanced features are concerned...  I'd consider it quite a
major advance if I could use an edit code to print negative items Red, or an
edit code for double underlines.  Perhaps even a way to use Comic Sans 22
for a heading, or Report  Design Stationary  that can just be called and
used by the individual user for his/her reports. (I've always wondered why
we haven't had stationary long before now.  It is such a natural extension
to the product line.)     Or what about a user being allowed to send his/her
printouts to a server as a web page instead of to a printer?  These sorts of
advanced features would be a greater good for the iSeries Community than
creating yet another new way to do the same old things.

RPG is a business-oriented product.  It was originally written and sold for
non-programmers to write business applications simply because there were no
programmers in existence excepting a few bit twiddlers that had no business
knowledge nor any need nor desire to learn business rules.

There is no shame in having a simple to use language that is dedicated to
business needs, is there?

Booth Martin   http://www.MartinVT.com
Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx