> From: Booth Martin
>
> And it is absolutely wrong because...?

Because it does not provide the methods that work on the data structure.  It
does not hide the contents of the data structure.  It does not provide
inheritance.  There are any number of things, but I don't want to spend a
bunch of time relating OO 101 issues, which is the main reason I thought
this topic was completely wrong for this list.  You need an OO fundamentals
list to address these issues.

>  It sure looks to me like it is object oriented behavior.

I think that's because you don't know what OO behavior is.

> What stikes me most about this thread is the absolute terror in
> the eyes of
> the "experts"  as they see RPG doing the things that are reserved
> for their Sacred Cow of OO.

I'm hardly an OO expert (or evangelist) - Hans has much more knowledge about
some of the more intricate details.  But at the same time, I have taken the
time to understand the concepts, something you might want to do.  I suggest
Java for RPG Programmers to get the syntax, and then Thinking in Java (you
can download that for free from www.mindview.net/books).  You might also
consider the books Design Patterns and Pattern Hatching to get some idea of
how objects are used in software design (Aaron, I suggest you get these as
well, because they really show why you need to start from the ground up when
designing OO architectures).

Joe