Andrew,
  There are PTFs for this problem.  For v5r1 you'll need: SI02133 and
SI03062 (both product 5722ST1) and SI01781 and SI03058 (both product
5722SS1).  There are PTFs for v4r5 as well.

message: 1
date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:39:58 -0800
from: "Andrew Lutz" <andrew.lutz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RPGLE with Embedded SQL using Unicode

I have been testing whether I can convert existing RPGLE programs with
Embedded SQL to use tables that have converted to Unicode.

Here is what I have:

            Table defined as such:

CREATE TABLE CURRENCY_TABLE (

            CURRENCY_ID FOR COLUMN CURRENCYID GRAPHIC(3) CCSID 13488 NOT
NULL DEFAULT '' ,

            DESCRIPTION FOR COLUMN DESCRIP    VARGRAPHIC(40)
ALLOCATE(20) CCSID 13488 NOT NULL DEFAULT '' ,

            PRIMARY KEY( CURRENCY_ID ) ) ;

The problem that I am discovering is:

            RPGLE variables defined against the externally defined data
structure are correct for example

            wCURRENCY_ID is        C(3) CCSID(13488)

            wDescription is              C(40) VARYING CCSID(13488)

            Embedded SQL variables however are not correct?

            G(3) for the SQL variable for CURRENCY_ID

            G(40) varying for SQL variable for DESCRIPTION

            In the compile I now get a RNF7416 types don't match on EVAL
error message

HELP

Andrew Lutz

Database Administrator