From: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Date: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 17:10:16
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: "Reference #"

Chuck,

If you don't care what the ID is, there's always a GUID (Globally Unique ID)
 GUID's are 32 bit numbers that are theoretically unique to the system that
generated them. There is an API to generate these. I know I've messed with
them in the past but I can't find an example of the code. I don't recall it
being difficult.

Matt