Have you thought of using
PING RMTSYS('10.10.10.10') MSGMODE(*QUIET *ESCAPE)
with a MONMSG instead?

If you want a CL less solution you could try
cmd='PING RMTSYS('10.10.10.10') MSGMODE(*QUIET *ESCAPE)';  // fix the
apostrophes
errorflag=system(cmd);
Select;
When ErrorFlag=0;  // ok
When ErrorCPF='TCP3210';
  //  Scooby Doo, where are you?
Other;
  //  This choice location for rent
EndSl;

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

djobe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/19/2003 06:17 PM
Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries