> From: Bartell, Aaron L.
>
> Just in case somebody has some pre-release knowledge, does anybody know if
> the creation of an ASNA Visual RPG web page in Visual Studio will
> be similar
> to how one would create it with VB.NET or C#.NET?  I am talking about the
> aspect of the HTTP request being parsed out for you and passed to the
> appropriate class.  So in the end you build your class files
> without regard
> to whether or not they may be used on the web.

I guess I'm a little confused here.  The only class files I've ever written
that knew about the web were the formatting classes.  That's the idea of an
n-tiered design.  If you don't have that separation of tiers in your
application, then you aren't ready for web design anyway.

Of course, if your idea of web applications is big, monolithic RPG CGI
programs, I could see how something like .NET might seem like a step
forward.  But in a good tiered architecture, RPG programs don't have any
idea what type of UI they're talking to, so they can talk to anything.
UI-independent RPG programs are the best way to present business logic to
ANY user interface, including the web.

Joe