Dan,
> THIS DRIVES ME NUTS!  Nothing is more frustrating than searching through
source looking to find a
> subroutine that has one statement in it.  When I have to maintain such a
program, the
> one-statement subroutines disappear before I do anything else.  Maybe the
original author knows
> exactly what "Exsr SoExit" does.  Does anyone else, with certainty?

        If you have such a hard time searching through source to find out
what something does then try a great little editing tool for the
iSeries/400.  It's called "THE Editor's Choice Source editor" from
Application Genesis (www.agenesis7.com)
You can show every place a particular item is used and then go to ant source
line for that item.  When you are done inspecting the source you can return
to wherever you came from.  Give it a demo.  I feel it has enhanced my
ability figure out what code is doing.  So the excuse of not being able to
easily figure out what the code is doing no longer is valid.  I can browse
copy members, show compile errors, and compare versions of a source for
differences.  The list goes on.

        In you case you would see the sub routine SoExit and place a G
command on the source line and the editor takes you directly to the source
for SoExit.  You look it over and then press F12 to go back to where you
were.

NOTE:   The preceding is a customer opinion of the product "THE Editor's
Choice Source editor" and not a solicitation for the product.

Thank you,
Matt Tyler
WinCo Foods, Inc
mattt@wincofoods.com