To execute the same function as *YMD MOVE v_ISO v_Numeric8, we have the
following code:

> From: dmosley@dancik.com
>

>  * - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  *
>  * ---- From Binding Directory : QC2LE
>  * - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  *
> d atoll           pr            20i 0 extproc('atoll')
> d  string                         *   value options(*string)
>
> d usa80           s              8s 0 inz
>

> usa80 = @atoll(%char(%date:*usa0));

or

> From: Chevalier, Rick
>
> d USADate         s               d   DatFmt(*USA)
>
>          USADate = ISODate;
>          LMNTDT = %Dec(%Char(USADate :*USA0) :8 :0);

Might not this be yet one more reason that the compiler folks might at least
think about supporting MOVE in the free-form RPG syntax?  Heck, make it a
BIF if you must, so that it stands out: %move(*YMD:v_ISO:v_Numeric8).  At
least we'd still have the functionality.

I know the compiler folks don't like MOVE, but why should we as developers
have to resort to convoluted multi-stage operations just because the
compiler team doesn't like something?

Joe