Hello All,

I need to download a physical file from AS/400 to PC.
(1) The file size is significantly large.
(2) The file has packed numeric fields

When I tried FTP (in ASCII mode) as a flat (TXT) file, the packed ones are
junk characters. When I FTPied in binary mode, I couldn't even view the
contents. I do not have any file transfer utility software or anything of
that nature and I have to do it manually. I just use the 5250 emulation.

(1) How do I doownload a Physical file (as a flat file or excel file) to PC?
(2) How do I transalte the packed fields to appropriate formate while
downloading ?
(3) Can anyone please detailed answer for this issue ?

Thanks much in advance.
Dhatha